Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Favorite Fall Lipsticks

With Sephora's Exclusive Holiday Shopping Event coming up (Nov 6 - 10), I figured I will do a little mini series of some recent purchases I've made over the last few months so you can pick them up at a discount! This first focus will be on lipsticks that I think are must haves for Fall.


Anita took my Audacious lipstick virginity - and every second blew my mind! The quality of these lipsticks truly are something to be raved about. Superb pigmentation + creamy satin/matte finish - the drying effect = luxurious lips. I really love how these wear throughout the day - they don't wear off patchy and leave that crusty Frazzled-Science-Teacher-look behind (no offense to those periodic table loving teachers out there!). This shade is the perfect every day shade for the modern girl in the non-Summer months (very work appropriate). There are definitely a wide range of shades in this line and I wanted to try one of the more bold colors too. While Audrey looks like a warm red-maroon in the tube, it has a berry pink undertone on my lips. It's a nice update to a classic red lip that makes it a bit more wearable, even in the daytime. 

I really wanted the Audacious lipstick in Brigitte, but the Sephoras near me never seemed to have it in stock. I wandered around swatching other brands to find a similar shade and I ended up finding Urban Decay's Naked to be a pretty good dupe ($10 cheaper too!). I have never owned a lip product from UD, but I am SO happy to have discovered these formulas! Their finish isn't matte, it isn't glossy - it applies as a satin and dries to a semi-matte (and now it sounds like I'm talking about wall paint...).  I also picked up Rush, it is a shade darker with a smidge more mauve. Again, this formula is a new favorite and will definitely recommend checking them out!!!



Finally, you can never go wrong with a classic soft pink, it traverses all seasons. (I avoid blue-based/super cool toned pinks in the cooler months as I think they look better when I have a tan.)  I got my makeup done at the Dior counter by the fabulous Ce'Mone for my wedding day. Their products are so luxurious, that I couldn't help but indulge a little and pick up the lipstick she used for my wedding day look to I could reapply throughout the day, Swan. She paired it with Dior's lipstick in Swan with a lip pencil in Grege #169, both from the Rouge Collection, to create a timeless, girly, and romantic look.  Wedding Tip: Check with your mall's makeup counters to get your makeup done for a special event, sometimes the complete makeover is totally complementary (like Dior! #shamelessplug)!

Shout out to Ce'Mone for making me beautiful on my wedding day!  XoXo

Products mentioned in this post: 

NARS Audacious lipsticks - Anita, Brigitte, & Audrey - $32
Urban Decay Revolution lipstick - Naked, Rush - $22
Rouge Dior Nude lipstick - #263 Swan - $35
Rouge Dior Contour lip pencil - #169 Grege - $30

No comments: