Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Josie Maran's Liquid Metal



These Watercolor eyeshadows from Josie Maran are gorgeous, hands down... but are they worth the splurge?  Absolutely, but it's not an I-must-have-every-shade product. They are very pigmented and long-lasting. You have to work very fast because they do set quickly - I definitely recommend doing one eye at a time. I also suggest using a primer like UD Primer Potion or NARS Eyeshadow Base (my favorites) to avoid  possible creasing.


APPLICATION:  The eyeshadow itself is a liquid that comes in a glass bottle with a doe-foot applicator. Supposedly, if you don't shake the bottle you'll get a more pigmented application and if you do shake it, you'll get a less-pigmented coverage. However, I don't notice there being enough of a difference (at least in the 3 shades I have), it's pigmented no matter what.

SHADES:  Playa del Pink is easily my favorite shade out of the collection, it's a liquid metallic beige with a slight pink undertone. I like to apply this one in the center of my lid, smudge it all over the lid with my finger, throw on some mascara, and BAM! a beautiful, simple daytime eye. Up the ante by adding a bit of Beach Sand (a warm brown with golden sheen) in the outer-V, blend a little with a brush. Remember, work quickly because I'm telling you these set quickly. Rio de Rose Gold surprised me... I expected for this to be a color I'd want to reach for every day. Unfortunately, it's not a rich rosy gold that I was hoping for, it has orange/copper tones making it less wearable to me. There is also a purple, green, and darker brown in this collection. I wish the color selection was broader, I would love to see a beautiful taupe and a light, nude champagne. They do have a bold effect like the NARS Dual Intensity eyeshadows at a discount!

Beautiful product, easy application... I recommend swatching these next time you're at Sephora, bet you won't walk out without one. :)  

Stay Beautiful, XoXo. 

Products mentioned in this post

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow - playa del pinkbeach sandrio de rose gold - $18
Urban Decay Primer Potion - original - $12

No comments: