Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Monthly Beauty Boxes... Are they worth it?


It seems like a new monthly subscription box is popping up everywhere you turn... makeup, skincare, DIY/handmade bits, health & fitness diddies. After reading about Kate from The Small Things Blog talk about Choix, I decided to give it a try. I really like the idea about actually being able to pick out the exact samples rather than possibly getting stuck with a makeup product in a shade that's not right for me!

While the products themselves came in was very durable, a heavy duty cardboard box, the products inside left much to be anticipated.


I really liked the personalized handwritten note, a very nice touch! Unfortunately, this is where my opinions for the Choix box began to decline. I'm guessing that this complementary brush set was included since it was my first box. This is a nice gesture but the quality of these brushes is so poor these immediately found a home in the trash.



It felt as if there were a bunch of rebel, label-making-lovin', sample-making people made these things.  They are barely the size to do proper color-matching, let alone try out the product quality and longevity.  I don't know about you, but making the splurge on a luxury product is 60% product quality, 30% packaging, and 10% YouTube reputation.

Overall, I couldn't get to my computer fast enough to cancel my subscription. Have you tried any subscription boxes by which you've been impressed?  Please share your thoughts and experiences!!! 

XoXo,
B'More Beautiful

No comments: