Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Origins... Here to Save the Day!


Origins is a great skin care brand that I have tried a few products from and love! In December, I picked up this Mini Mask Marvels value set but threw it into my drawer of face cleansers/masks. I fished this trio out a few weeks ago and am kicking myself for not busting this out right away!!! The set includes 3 - 1 oz face masks, one for helping very dehydrated skin, one for helping clear up breakouts, and another to help remove everyday impurities. There is definitely enough product in here to get at least 6-8 uses! 

The Drink It Up hydrating mask is to be used overnight, but I've also found helps give your skin moisture even if you only have 20 minutes. This product is AMAZING and smells so DELICIOUS! I love slathering my face in this every night as my last step in my skincare routine and waking up in the morning with plump, and hydrated, without any greasy residue. I even prefer this to the GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud mask - it's a lot cheaper and I feel like you need less product for the same (if not better) results.  

The Out of Trouble mask is intended for oily skin, but I found to work really well as a spot treatment since I have combination-to-dry skin. I apply this in my T-zone once I already have or start to feel a pimple popping up (okay, let's be honest, there's never just one... they love traveling in packs of 5-9 of their closest pimple friends) and put the Drink It Up mask everywhere else. It definitely helps to speed up the breakout recovery process. Be careful, it is very drying (duh Lindsay! that's the point) so I'm careful not to use this everyday. 

The Active Charcoal mask claims to draw out toxins and pore-clogging debris from your pores. I use this when I'm having a mild breakout (I use the Out of Trouble mask for more serious spots) or around my nose area where I have large pores. First, I like to open my pores using a warm wash cloth and then put this mask on before I take a hot bath and let the steam do it's thing... 30-45 minutes later, I rinse my face and I feel like my pores are tighter and cleaner. I feel as if this may be similar to the GLAMGLOW SuperMud mask, but I haven't tried that one so I can't say if it's a dupe or not. 

I will most definitely be buying the full size of these once I run out. What is your favorite Origins product? 

Products mentioned in this post

Drink It Up Intensive Overnight Mask (3.4oz) - $25
Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin (3.4oz) - $25
Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - (3.4oz) - $25
GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment (1.7oz) - $69
GLAMGLOW SuperMud Clearing Treatment - (1.7oz) - $69

No comments: