Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Battle of the BBs

...and CC creams, DD creams, EE creams... whatever other fancy names they want to re-brand the classic tinted moisturizer. :)



bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream ($29) - 02 Vanilla - blends beautifully into the skin leaving a natural luminosity while providing light, but enough coverage. I like buffing this with my RT Expert Face brush. I don't powder this; someone with oily skin would likely want to though. This works great for a natural look in the winter time, and I'm really looking forward to using this in the summer because you can't feel it on your skin. While there are a lot of shades that cover the light to medium complexions (including ones for cool/warm/neutral undertones), there aren't many for darker skintones. Is it obvious yet that I love this stuff from my blubbering on and on about it?!

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($22) - Nude - has slightly less coverage than the bareMinerals one but I find this one to apply easier with fingers. This has enough moisture for me to not feel like I needs to apply a moisturizer beforehand. Because it's so simply to rub in and go, I like wearing this when I'm just hanging around the house or running errands.

Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream for Combo/Oily Skin ($11) - Light/Medium - is the most budget-friendly BB cream I have found and loved. There are 2 other formulas, for normal-to-dry and anti-aging, but I've found the combo/oily skin blends the best (yes, even with my severely dry/combo skin!). This is the 3rd tube I've purchased and it's never let me down.

Origins Smarty Plants CC Skin Complexion Corrector ($36) - 01 Light to Medium - similar consistency to those mentioned above. The coverage is more sheer, but what I love most is the citrus scent! I reach for this one when I want to sheer out my foundation a bit, usually my MUF HD Foundation or Tarte 12 hour Full Coverage.

It Cosmetics' Your Skin but Better CC Cream ($38) - Light - has the coverage of a foundation. I love the pump dispenser, but I wish the label held up better. As you can see in the picture mine looks like it's been though hell, it started peeling off within only few weeks of having it! I find pressing this into my skin using a damp BeautyBlender makes it look the most natural. I do set this with a translucent powder to make sure it doesn't move throughout the day.

Disappointing Products (not shown):

The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream ($20) - 01 - not shown. This leaves me feeling very greasy and requires a powder to set it. I think 01 was the lightest shade available when I got this (seeing now they have a 00 shade), but this is still like 2 shades too dark for me. I regret not returning this, but I don't hate it so much that I won't try to use it up because I hate throwing away full products.

bareMinerals Serum Foundation ($29) - 03 Bare Linen - not shown. While this last one is not advertised as a tinted moisturizer, I'm including it as it's marketed as a foundation and skincare in one. Basically... I hate it! It sat on top of my skin and didn't blend at all, even using their "perfecting" $28 brush they created specifically for this product. It snagged onto dry patches, felt oily without any moisturization benefits, and I thought it left my pores looking more clogged at the end of the day. This ones the first bareMinerals product that has left me questioning "what they hell were they thinking when they created this"?!

Have you found a tinted moisturizer that you love?  Please share! 

XoXo, Stay Beautiful!

No comments: