Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

My Simple Everyday Face


I've been looking to scale back the amount of makeup I wear daily... meanwhile you are reading this thinking, that's still crap-ton of product Lindsay! Well, it takes me a lot to look relatively decent when leaving the house. :) Anyways, I love all of these products - they are simple, dependable, and give the most naturally beautiful look.


Face: After my morning skincare routine, I spray Smashbox Primer Water all over and let it dry for ~20 seconds. This is a new product that I fell for quickly, it leaves me moisturized and really helps my makeup last longer without feeling like I added yet another layer to my face. I dot bareMinerals Complexion Rescue onto my cheeks, forehead, and chin, then buff into my skin using my Expert Face Brush. (Garnier BB Cream is a good drugstore alternative.) I like how this BB skin gives me a good all-over light coverage while letting my skin breath. There are usually a few spots I want to cover up so I go in with NARS Concealer directly with the doe-foot applicator and blend it out with my fingers - it's creamy enough to be used under my eyes as well. (Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is a good drugstore alternative.) I use my fingers to pick up bit of the Pot Rouge blush and blend in circles on the apples of my cheeks and then back. I've really started to get into cream blush because it gives a nice flush but doesn't look like "oh she's wearing blush". Be careful as the Bobbi Brown blush is really pigmented.

Brows: I do darken my brows (read more) but still like to fill them in with ABH Dipbrow using an angled eye brush. I find the dipbrow to be quicker than the ABH brow wiz.

Eyes: Using my ring finger, I smear some Color Tattoo taupe cream shadow all over my lids and a wee bit on the outer part of my bottom lid. It's a nice matte color that gives your eyes depth. I tightline* my upper lid with Stila eyeliner. My semi-hooded eyes look more defined and open without lining them is the "classic way" - I don't line the bottom either. (Ulta Eyeliner is a good drugstore alternative.)  I curl my eyelashes with an Eyelash Curler to open them up even more, followed by a few coats of Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara to my top lashes. Here's where I sound a little high maintenance, but I can't live without this Bottom Lash mascara. It's got the tiniest brush that helps apply the amazing formula on those itty-bitty lashes that does. not. transfer. LOVE! IT!
* Tightlining means to line that little rim underneath your lashes which is very awkward until you get the hang out it. It helps to define your eyes and fill in that skin that shows between and under your mascara making your eyelashes look fuller. 

Lips:  Swipe a bit of a natural rosy pink lipstick, like Lipstick Queen's Saint Bright Natural which has a nice your-lips-but-better color shine.

Lastly, I finish with spraying a light layer of Smashbox Primer Water all over again. I prefer setting my makeup with this spray (which can also be used throughout the day to refresh your makeup) rather than powder because my skin is so darn dry in the winter.

Products mentioned in this post

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water - $32
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream - 02 Vanilla - $29
Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium - $13
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - $9
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Light2 Vanilla - $29
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Light - $7
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks - 11 Pale Pink - $27
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - Taupe - $18
Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo -  Creamy Beige - $7
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner - Lionfish - $20
Ulta Automatic Eyeliner - Deep Brown - $8
Shiseido Eyelash Curler - $19
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara - $20
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - black/brown - $10
Lipstick Queen Saint Sheer Lipstick - Bright Natural - $22

No comments: