Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday's Fab Five

As I was picking out my top 5 favorites for this week, I realized I was all about quick, simple, and natural.


The Short Version
  1. Buxom Mascara - VERY BLACK, separation, length, absolutely no clumping, 'nuff said
  2. Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow - easiest, bronzed neutral shadow that looks fabulous with no effort
  3. Illuminating Bronzing Powder - a blush and highlighter in one that warms up your complexion
  4. Eyebrow Tint Kit - less than 5 minutes to better brows
  5. Lipstick in Angelic Nude- the perfect nude, creamy lipstick
The Long Version

I got this mini Buxom mascara in my Lash Stash box from Sephora so I could try 5 different mascaras out - it even comes with a coupon to redeem a full-size in my favorite one! It takes everything in my to not want to cycle through the different ones, I'm trying to only have 1 or 2 open at a time. I love how natural-looking, yet volumizing and lengthening the formula is. I recommend picking up these little trial kits whenever Sephora brings it back. Once I get through my mascara stash, I'll definitely repurchase this Buxom one!

I continue to reach for my dual-intensity eyeshadow and "bronzing" powder on a daily basis no matter what makeup look I'm going for. Both of these just add lovely dimension and life to your skin. I keep putting "bronzing' in quotes because there is nothing bronzing about the 2 shades I have - Antigua being my favorite for this season, is a warm pink. I can see myself reaching for Santa Barbara more come Fall.

You blondes out there understand... there is nothing like the feeling after having your eyebrows and lashes freshly tinted. I have such light colored lashes and brows I might a well not have them at all - with this tint kit, I find I need less mascara and feel more comfortable without makeup. WARNING: This product will dye your skin if you aren't careful and only needs a few minutes to develop!!! Don't start folding your laundry thinking you can multi-task or else you'll help up with Donkey Kong brows that you can't fade.


I'm a neutral lip girl, I find them to be girly, pretty, and stress-free (who else is always paranoid that their lip has smudged across their face or on their teeth when they wear a bright lip?). The formula of these Tarte Butter lipsticks (so soft and creamy with a bit of a minty tingle) mixed with this sweet pink shade (great for everyday; very work appropriate) is just the perfect nude lip for my skin tone.

Spoiler alert, I picked up a new eyeshadow palette that has the #1 palette spot... post coming soon.

XoXo, Stay Beautiful.

Products mentioned in this post

Buxom Lash Mascara - Blackest Black - $19
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder - Antigua - $40
NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow - Himalia - $29
Godefroy Tint Kit - medium brown - ~$17
Tarte Amazonian Lipstick - Angelic Nude - $16

No comments: