Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Something New to Blog About

I know, I know! I haven't posted in 4 months! Let's just say my mind and creativity has been directed elsewhere... :)

On the morning of my birthday, I took a pregnancy test with the thought "if it comes back positive, then it will be the BEST birthday present ever... and if it came up negative, then we'll still be able to go out to dinner and enjoy a nice bottle(s) of wine".  Let's just say, I wasn't celebrating with a glass of booze that night!!!

We were thrilled to find out we were pregnant and it came much to our surprise when the doctor's office didn't want to see us in the office until we were 8 weeks along. Apparently this is very common (as long as there are no concerns in your health history or previous pregnancy issues). But what was I supposed to do in those weeks waiting but let myself start to peruse those Instagram/Etsy shops I've always followed with envy... except now I can look at more seriously?!

Here are a few of my favorite goodies I am looking forward to ordering...

Baby Moccasins - Seen on Shark Tank, celeb babes, and monopolizing Instagram, baby moccasins are the biggest trend train that I want to hop aboard. A variety of companies are selling these, ranging in quality and price, such as Freshly Picked ($60), The Coral Pair ($45), Sweet N Swag ($20), Tiny Wears ($20), The Little Doe ($15), Pretzelz & Pigtailz ($15). I just placed my first order with Sweet N Swag and cannot WAIT for them to arrive!!!

Prints & Illustrations - I'm not huge into decorating with lots of family pictures, it makes me feel a little silly to look at pictures of myself and my husband - the 2 faces I see a lot of without little 2D versions of us watching us. I really like the simplicity and uniqueness of typography prints and handmade drawings but have a bit of a commitment issue when it comes to ordering. It doesn't make any sense, as they are something that can be rotated in and out based on my mood or the season. Anyways, I have fallen in love with the illustrations of Jamel, the self-taught illustrator and owner of Melsys. I would love to get a custom illustration of myself and my bridesmaids from our wedding day. Other shops I'm loving right now: Craft Mei Gold, Velvet Crown Design, Gold Foil Prints, & Wishful Printing.

Trendy Threads - Yes, I know people say don't bother getting cute outfits for a newborn as they grow so fast and mess all over them... so I compromised by getting the Baby Essential Kit - I will get lots of use out of a blanket and hat! I'll wait for sale to order anything else (keep an eye on Instagram & Facebook for these).

Hair Bows / Headwraps - Fingers crossed I have a girl because I just want to put a little matching headband on my baby every day!

Current or future mommies... any other suggestions for cute baby things or Etsy shops I need to check out?  What are your favorite baby items?

XoXo, B'more Beautiful

No comments: