Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Lindsay's Favorite Things: Beauty

I'm baaaaaack, after a long, LONG break. I absolutely love sharing fabulous finds with my friends so I'm going to start by collecting all the top favorite things together a few lists - starting with Beauty.


Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen - I'm trying to do better with applying sunscreen. I've spent too much time and money figuring out a good skincare routine to put anything on that will clog my pores. This sunscreen goes on smooth and clear, without a white cast. It doesn't get all pill-y or greasy under makeup either. This Supergoop! Sunscreen Mist is great to repply throughout the day if your out and about.  Honorable mentions, I've tried and would recommend: Shiseido Urban Environment Sunscreen and Tarte Tarteguard.

Exfoliating body mit - I have had these dry, red bumps on the back of my arms since forever and have always been self-conscious of it. I noticed improvement after the first time and the bumps are entirely gone after 3 times!!!

Tinkle Razors - Yes, I'm suggesting you shave your face. Makeup will apply so beautifully to your skin. Be very careful around your eyebrows and hairline - or just avoid it entirely and let your brow lady take care of that.

Press on Nails - Yes, it's 2019 and I'm talking about press-on nails for adult women. I don't have the time, budget, or patience for nail salons. I've had great luck with these press-on ones from Kiss. They are convenient to put on and will typically last 5-8 days. I have recently found the glue on ones last longer but aren't as simple to put on. I typically trash the "embellished nails" in the packs and can get 2 manicures out of a single pack, the 2nd round not fitting as perfectly as the first.

Revlon Hair dryer/brush - This blowdryer had cut my styling time dramatically. This adds so much volume at the roots to my naturally straight, mid-length hair. I can only imagine it would be magical for curly hair by having the right amount of tension to dry the hair straight without doing damage. It can run hot, so I find myself switching between the high and low heat settings.

Lumify Eye Drops - These magically eye drops eliminate all redness and brighten the whites of your eyes in minutes. The best thing you didn't know you needed until you try it.

NYX Butter Gloss (creme brulee) - Smooth, non-sticky, beautiful (& cheap) lip gloss. What more can you ask for?!

I have some ideas for a few more installments of "Lindsay's Favorite Things" to include Baby, Health & Wellness, and Fashion. Let me know if you have any other requests!

2 comments:

CashmereLibrarian said...

Yay, glad you’re back! I love Tinkles: so much better than waxing or bleaching. Plus, great exfoliation for those of us with extremely dry skin.

baltimore_blonde♡ said...

Yessss! Definitely great for my desert dry skin!