Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Belated Friday Favorites

The Short Version

1. Filmstar Bronze & Glow by Charlotte Tilbury - $65
2. Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo by Maybelline - $7 $5.24 with Ulta's Buy 1 Get 1 50% sale
3. Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo by BedHead - $22
4. Gold Cuff Bracelet from Loft - $19.50  $11.70 with current 40% off sale
5. BB Cream (combo/oily) by Garnier - $13

The Long Version

I read SO many reviews before pulling the trigger and ordering Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze & Glow online. I stopped by a few Nordstrom's to swatch it on my skin, but none of the ones near me have CT counters yet. I've been looking for a good powder highlighter, and then it seemed like this product became popular very fast on YouTube, it was just begging to be in my collection. Nordstrom's has a good return policy so I figured if it didn't blow my socks off, then I'd just return it. It is SO luxurious! The bronzer is very subtle and so luxurious! It gives your skin that supermodel, I've-been-rolling-in-sands-of-the-Bahamas-for-a-photo-shoot warm glow. You need to have a soft hand with the highlighter but it blends beautifully and has a golden-y sheen.


When I want to look like I tried but don't like it, I reach for my Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, no brushes needed! I apply it with my ring finger, blend it out, then dip into the pot once more and apply another layer right on the outside 1/2 of my lids.

I reach for a dry shampoo for my 2nd day hair, there's no way I can go more than 1 day without it. While there are some decent drug store options, I always pick up a few bottles of Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo whenever Ulta has them on sale for $9.99! It's the best I've tried at ungreaseballing my hair and it has a yummy scent.

I picked up this Gold Cuff Bracelet at Loft when they started their 40% off everything sale and have been wearing it at least 3 times a week since.  (Honestly, I never buy ANY accessories from Loft if it's not steeply discounted, I just don't think they carry the quality to be worth the price.)  I like how this bracelet has a substantial weight without being over the top and it's opening is small enough that I don't have to worry that it will fall off.

Since my skin as been clearing up and looking surprisingly decent, I've rediscovered by love for the Garnier BB Cream - specifically the one for combination/oily skin (even though I have dry skin). I find the formula of this one to be better. It's light, moisturizing, covers up redness/discoloration without looking like you are wearing makeup. Tip: If you ever find a foundation to be too thick or goopy, add in a bit of BB cream to thin it out. 

XoXo, Stay Beautiful.

P.S. Wedding countdown = 7 days! 

Products mentioned in this post

Filmstar Bronze & Glow by Charlotte Tilbury - $65
Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo by Maybelline - $7 $5.24 with Ulta's Buy 1 Get 1 50% sale
Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo by BedHead - $22
Gold Cuff Bracelet from Loft - $19.50  $11.70 with current 40% off sale
BB Cream (combo/oily) by Garnier - $13

1 comment:

CashmereLibrarian said...

Oh, darn it, I'm gonna have to get the Charlotte Tilbury combo. Thanks a lot, Darling Neice.