Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pregnancy Style: Weeks 24 - 27

Striped T, Halogen  //  Maxi skirt, Nordstrom Rack (similar)  //  Black sandals, Franco Sarto
This is least favorite outfit of the bunch. I remember feeling rather frumpy that day, and I surely looked it too.  I like them both separately, but regret wearing them together (neither the skirt or the t-shirt are maternity). Oh well! You win some, you lose some! STYLE TIP:  If you are wearing one flowy piece, be sure to balance it out by wearing a more form-fitting piece.


Striped dress, Target  //  White sandals, Report
The ruching on both sides through the waist and cotton fabric make this dress insanely comfortable! And the navy stripes just look so classic and slightly nautical. STYLE TIP: I do not recommend when a dress has ruching that continues all the way down the sides, this causes the fabric to hug up under your bum and thighs. I like showing off my bump, but I don't think it is appropriate (especially in the workplace) or flattering to show EVERY bump and crevice.
Maternity tank, Target  //  Navy cardigan, 41Hawthorn from Stitch Fix (similar)  //  Full panel skinny jeans, Loft  //  Tan wedges, CL by Chinese Laundry (similar)
My favorite way to look pulled together that is simple and comfy is to pair some stretch skinny jeans with a tank, and cardigan. It's not necessary to get maternity tanks if your pre-maternity tanks are more of a tunic length, but for me I needed the extra length and stretchy fabric to cover the bump and go far enough down to cover the prego-panel on my pants. Layering an open-front cardigan over top is the best way to transition your outfit between seasons, and non-maternity to maternity.
3/4 sleeve Maternity dress, Motherhood Maternity  //  Scarf, Loft  //  Ankle booties, Target
I found this simple black dress at Motherhood Maternity - I typically wear a small/medium in most of the clothing there, but I had to size up to a large in this dress in order to get enough length. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect LBD that I can dress up or down for the remaining part of my pregnancy, I feel this one still may be on the short side for me to feel completely comfortable in at the workplace. I was so excited to have cooler weather on this day that I broke out these booties (check out my previous blog post about them here) and can definitely see these becoming my go-to shoes for the Fall.

Have you found the perfect LBD yet?  I'm looking forward to styling my outfits for Fall, what season is your favorite wardrobe?  

XoXo

No comments: