Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pregnancy Style: Weeks 20 - 23

I'm back!  Minus the disappointment when I have to retire more and more pieces from my wardrobe to the bottom-hopefully-I-can-wear-next-year section in my closet, I am becoming much more comfortable dressing this belly.
Maternity Rushed tshirt, Target  //  Full-panel Maternity Shorts, Target
I have Target has the best basic cotton Ts and tanks. I pick 1 or 2 up every time there is a 20% off maternity clothes discount that pops up on my Target Cartwheel app.

Maxi dress, Target (similar)  // Denim vest, Target  //  Sonix phone case, Nordstrom
I've been able to still wear the maxi dresses I owned pre-pregnancy as long as a it has either no waist or an empire waist, and the fabric is stretchy. Over the weeks, I've have found that wearing form-fitting (not uncomfortably tight) clothes is more appealing on my body than flowy pieces. STYLE TIP:  Go ahead and rock those horizontal stripes, they hug those babymama curves and help show off that cute bump! Be cautious of flowy pieces with bold prints, it can swallow you up and make you look bigger than you really are. 
Plaid maternity top, Loft (similar)  //  Full-panel maternity skinny jeans, Loft (similar)  //  Marc Fisher wedges, Macy's
I've had a rough time finding maternity jeans that are comfortable, stretchy, and cute. While I hated every pair of blue jeans I ordered from Loft, these white skinny jeans were a great find. And yes, I am still wearing heels 2-3 days a week, but I stick to wedges as they give me enough support and stability. These wedge sandals are more comfortable than most of my flats!
Blue top, Forever 21 (similar)  //  Side-panel Pixie Pants, Old Navy  //  Bancroft Kaitland Spade Charm necklace, Stitch Fix (similar)  //  Audrey Brooks flats, DSW
I told you these Old Navy black pants were a favorite of mine! Because they have the stretchy side-panels, they are a bit more forgiving with tops I pair with them since I don't have to be weary of the belly panel peeking out from below the shirt. STYLE TIP: Find a pair of black slim-fit pants that hit at the ankle for a polished look that is perfect for the workplace. Plus, showing a bit of ankle helps break up the pants-to-shoes transition and makes us short girls look tall less short.

How are you dressing your bump?  Have you found any staple pieces, colors, or silhouettes that you keep gravitating towards? 

XoXo

No comments: