Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pregnancy Style: Weeks 28 - 31

Chambray shirt, Loft (similar)  //  Maternity Tee, Target  //  Maternity Jeans, 7 For All Mankind  //  Sandals, JCrew Outlet (similar)
I ordered over a dozen pairs of maternity jeans from various retailers (Old Navy, Loft, Target) knowing it was going to be a staple in my maternity wardrobe for the next several months and every order was returned. I found this 7 For All Mankind pair on the clearance rack for $100 at Motherhood Maternity when they were having a Buy One Get One for $1.00 sale.
I have never paid more than $50 for a pair of jeans, tried them on nonetheless thinking... how different can luxury brand jeans really be? I love them! I have found I prefer full-panel pants because they just stay up better, but I found an under-the-belly pair from AG jeans in this same shopping trip for those relaxed days I wanted one less layer constricting my tummy.  Savvy Shopper Brag Moment: So basically I got 2 pairs of fancy jeans that normally retail for $200 a piece... for $101 total!

Striped Maternity long sleeve top, BumpStart  //  Maternity Pixie Pants, Old Navy  //  Audrey Brook flats, DSW
This striped top was a part of a 2-pack of tees I also found at Motherhood Maternity. Great bargain tops that are easy to dress up or down. These pants and flats have been a staple throughout my entire pregnancy.

Open cardigan, Target (similar 1, 2)  //  Black maternity tank, Target  //  Maternity leggings, Stitch Fix  //  Black sandals, Franco Sarto (similar)
I have begun to become more comfortable going into public in leggings - with the safety of a butt drape of course. I know I know, all you basic b*tches can't believe that I am just NOW jumping on the bandwagon. I can't explain it, there is just something about going out in public in sweats or yoga pants that made me uncomfortable but my world is forever changed.  As you can tell in my "hair styles", I am reaching a point of fattness that makes everything an effort. :)
Maternity t-shirt dress, Target  //   Scarf, Loft  // Audrey Brooks flats, DSW
I have finally found THE basic, affordable, black dress every pregnant woman should own... seriously, go online and order it now!  Very similar to Week 27 but short sleeve and so much more comfortable. The cotton feels softer and the length is more appropriate for the workplace. Target has a similar one that is long sleeve as well that I'm pondering picking up once a Cartwheel offer comes up for when the weather gets a bit cooler. 

Apologies for such a delay in getting this post up. I lost all motivation to blog over my last few months of pregnancy, but now since my little one has arrived, I plan to post more frequently.  

XoXo

No comments: