Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I'm an IT girl?!

Last September, the Ulta near me began carrying IT Cosmetics in-store. While this brand was available for sale from their website and on QVC prior to this, I don't like ordering products online until I am familiar with a brand just because I find returning products by mail such an unnecessary hassle. I saw the tester of this GOREGOUS Ombre Bronzer, once I swatched it on the back of my hand I knew I had to take it home with me. I gives a natural warmth with a subtle amount of sheen. I apply it to my cheeks and around the edges of my face with a fan brush and it just brings such life to my skin.  I find myself reaching for the Matte Bronzer more-so in the cooler months when I don't want the glow of the other one.


My IT Cosmetics collection has grown since.  Next was the CC cream, while it's "pricey for a CC cream", the coverage it provides is more like a medium coverage foundation. I have dry skin and find that this is super easy to use (apply with my fingers), provides enough coverage for every day, and doesn't accentuate my dry, flakey patches. The only negative thing I have to say about this is I wish the packaging didn't rub off so easily; I noticed the label rubbing off within the first 2 weeks of use.

I will never travel without the next two products again.  I love having my highlighter, bronzer, and blush all in one convenient palette - the Face Disc and Shadow Trio help create the perfect every look. If you like to have more shadow options even when traveling, the Eye Shadow palette offers 12 velvety, super-blendable colors with a good mix of matte and satin finishes. While the palette doesn't lock shut, I think there is plenty of padding/structure that would protect it enough to throw it in a travel bag. This standard neutral-eye girl is still working on building up the courage to use the purple and blue shadows. :)

The two products I will definitely not be repurchasing are the Liquid Oxygen Foundation and the Radiance Illuminator. There's nothing super wrong with the highlighter, but there's nothing really right about it either. It isn't a powder, it isn't a creme... it does offer a subtle highlight but there are other brands I prefer much more. On the other hand, I HAD to return the foundation. I had high expectations for it to be moisturizing for my dry skin based on it's name and claims, but the formula just didn't impress me... especially for the whopping price tag!


The most recent additions include an Under Eye Corrector (I have a feeling this will match, if not replace my beloved Bobbi Brown corrector), Celebration Foundation Illuminator (seems like a good compact that I'll throw in my purse for on-the-go touch-ups), and Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Gloss Stain (a long name for an over-priced lip gloss). Supposedly the lip gloss color I got is a color changing one that looks different on everyone. I'm thinking this will be similar to my current obsession, Dior Addict Lip Glow. < I'm hoping one of these products will give me the lip color I want for my wedding day with staying power and, since it's a "clear color", won't transfer. I haven't had these products long enough to give a good review - I'll post an update later.

Have you tried any IT products? Which are your favorites?

Hey IT Cosmetics, what's up with the excessively long names by the way?!

Products mentioned in this post: 

CC+ Radiance Ombre Bronzer - $34
Vitality Glow Anti-Aging Matte Bronzer - $34
Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ - light - $38
Vitality Face Disc - $38
Eye Shadow Trio - pearl luxe - $24
Luxe Anti-Aging High Performance Eye Shadow Palette w/Dual Brush - $38
Under Eye Corrector - light - $29
Celebration Foundation Illuminator - light - $35
Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Gloss Stain - je ne sais quoi - $24
Dior Addict Lip Glow - $33

Disappointing products:

IT-O2 Ultra Repair Liquid Oxygen Foundation - light - $38
Hello Light Anti-Aging Creme Radiance Illuminator - $24

No comments: