Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Journey Begins!

While driving home from a shopping trip today, I realized that I REALLY like beauty products and that I should turn my obsession with researching, discovering, and shopping for beauty products into something that others might find helpful. I get this crazy high from roaming the aisles of a beauty store, swatching colors, looking at the beautiful packaging, dreaming of different looks I could create. Wait... let's get something clear, just because I purchase a lot of beauty stuff doesn't mean I know how to schmear it on my face.

Two years ago, I would have never wandered from the 'drugstore' side of Ulta into the 'luxury brand' side. I was too overwhelmed by the thought of spending more than $5 on an eyeliner. After spending way too many hours watching YouTube beauty gurus completely transform themselves, I began to feel more adventurous and found myself exploring Ulta's 'other side'. I discovered that sometimes spending more money meant better quality... and better results (don't get me wrong, I still love me some drugstore products). I have this dream that someday I will learn how to be a makeup magician too - winged eyeliner, flawless skin, the smokey eye, contouring/highlighting, the perfect lip (oh no, there I go... getting way too excited again!).

I'd like to welcome you to join me in my journey to Be More Beautiful!

No comments: